Friday, July 18, 2014

Welcome, new friends!




Dear Second Grader and Family:

Welcome to 2nd grade at Parkway Elementary School, friends! My name is Mrs. Howell, and I will be your second grade teacher.  I am so excited to learn together with you this year!  I look forward to building a community of learners in our classroom.
  
Here’s a little bit of my background as an educator and a learner.  I graduated from Missouri Western State University (College, at the time!) in 2004 with a Bachelor's Degree in Education.  I graduated in the summer of 2010 from Northwest Missouri State University, where I received my Masters' Degree in Elementary Education Administration.  Before coming to 2nd grade at Parkway in the fall of 2012, I taught for seven years at Lake Contrary Elementary, in 3rd grade, 2nd grade, and music K-6.  I am thrilled to be back in 2nd grade at Parkway again this year- it is such an exciting time to watch students grow as learners.

I know we will get to know each other this year, but here are just a few more fun facts about me. My family and I live with three silly cats named Poppy, Posie, and Periwinkle, and last year we added a Chinese Crested powderpuff (dog) named Maxwell to our household. In my spare time, I love to read, have coffee with friends, and do some painting. I also enjoy traveling, and hope to someday visit Italy. My husband and I are also adult sponsors of a local musical organization called The New Generation Singers, and we enjoyed touring with them this past summer!
 
If you ever have a question or concern, please don’t hesitate to contact me.  You can reach me by email at emily.howell@sjsd.k12.mo.us, or call me at school at 671-4310 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Parkway updates and class information will come home periodically in our classroom newsletter.

I love learning, and look forward to seeing our class continuously grow and learn together this year!  I look forward to meeting you and seeing all of your smiling faces at Back to School Night, and beginning a great year of learning!

Enjoy your summer! Welcome to second grade, friends! 



Sincerely,


Mrs. Howell                                                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment